Out of the historic monuments that can be found in the town Tišnov, it is first of all the parish St. Wenceslas’s church with the late Gothic 51metrehigh tower that is worth noting. The originally small Gothic church was converted into its present day form in 1839 – 1839. There are some fortification remains with embrasures in front of the church.
The town hall on the town square built in the romantic historicist style was reconstructed in 1905; the coloured wall murals capturing some events from Tišnov’s past were created by the painter Jano Köhler.
The sandstone Virgin Column in the lower part of the square was made by the Moravian sculptor Josef Břenek; it commemorated the millennium of the arrival of the Slavonic apostles Method and Constantine in 1863 in Moravia with the commemorative tablet placed on the southern side of the column reading as follows: "THE ONE THOUSANDTH YEAR OF THE ADOPTION OF THE CHRISTIAN LAWS IN THE WHOLE OF MORAVIA AND BOHEMIA". There are four statues of saints on the pedestal – St. Constantine, St. Method, St. Florian and St. Wenceslas. The column that sticks out beyond the pedestal’s edge ends in a composite capital with the statue of Virgin Mary.
The other sights in town include the hospital building, a few Baroque houses, the functionalist building of the savings bank (today Commercial Bank) from 1933 built according to the project of the architects Bohuslav Fuchs and Jindřich Kumpošt represents a modernistic style. Another functionalist specimen of architecture is Jambor’s house reconstructed in 1996 housing the permanent exposition of the paintings made by the painter Josef Jambor (who donated a part of his work to the town) and other exhibition rooms used for temporary expositions of various works of art. The walk through the Rieger Street brings the visitor back to the time between the two World Wars; there are many fine detached houses lining this street, many of them have been declared protected building monuments. These protected houses include first of all the Villa Franke (No. 281), and houses with numbers 323, 324, 331, 425 and 340.